The goals of our partnership with Willow Lake Métis located near Anzac in Northern Alberta Canada are to:
- Our partnership with the Willow Lake Métis aims to:
- Broadly increase climate change knowledge and skills by delivering basic climate change education and regional/cultural climate information that is relevant to the community.
- Engage with community members to better understand their perception of the risks and opportunities that climate change brings and summarize this information.
- Inspire community members to learn more and to get involved in future climate change initiatives.
- Develop an initial Local Early Adaptation Plan (LEAP) that can be further built upon. A LEAP can help to formulate adaptation actions to reduce the community’s vulnerability to climate change, enhance its capacity to take advantage of any opportunities foreseen to arise, and support future funding efforts.